7 April 2012

The Thames


Today we held our April meeting at Craft Central. With nine members in attendance, and Jocelyn a visitor from Cumbria, it was a lively meeting with each of us working on a completely different project.
I caught sight of the reverse side of Janet B's intended chair pad so had to take a photo. I think you'll agree that The River Thames flows beautifully in this original artwork.
This is Janet's first piece of rug hooking and certainly deserves to be viewed in our blog. Janet is also an expert quilter and often uses left over cotton quilting fabric within her rug hooking to good effect.
A photo of the chair pad will be posted when it is completed.
Happy Easter everyone and...
Happy Hooking/Prodding/Progging and NeedlePunching too.
Jill

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous design. Strangely I have been preparing and planning a similar wave-like pattern for a rug for my mum. I hope I can make it to a meeting soon and see some of these lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The freedom felt in the flow of lines takes me along the currents of the Thames. Need to fly over and visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete