15 December 2012

To give...

It's that time of year - present giving and present making too.
 
Here is a cushion Clare made for her friend Grace as a Christmas gift.
Made with wool pencil rovings,  using the punch-needle technique and working  on her  new wooden frame made by Tom (USA). 
The centre panel is cotton lawn on which Clare photo-printed the chicken design. This panel was then quilted.
Now the backing has been stitched to the front and the cushion is complete.
 I know Grace will be delighted with her gift.
 
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS and  A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Jill
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jill, for featuring the cushion I made. The pic is of one of Grace.s own chickens. I have to mention that this technique, using a piece of fabric in the middle of hooking, was first used by yourself, I have merely copied your idea! And thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love sharing my ideas...pleased you've made good use of this one!

    Grace will love this chicken cushion - I had forgotten it was a photo of one of Grace's chickens..that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combination of quilting and hooking!

    ReplyDelete